This comforting and creamy family pasta bake is given a makeover by adding roasted squash
- 1 massive butternut squash, peeled and minimize into 2½ cm/1in chunks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300g macaroni
- 50g butter
- 50g horrid flour
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 500ml milk
- 200g extra-broken-down cheddar or vegetarian change, grated
- 50g Parmesan or vegetarian change, grated
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Toss the squash with the olive oil and a few seasoning, and roast on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes till cushy. Within the intervening time, cook dinner the macaroni following pack instructions, then drain.
- Melt the butter in a pan and hasten in the flour and mustard powder to avoid losing a paste. Gradually jog in the milk and simmer to thicken to a cushy sauce, stirring consistently.
- Spend the sauce off the warmth and mash in a third of the squash with the cheddar and half the Parmesan. Season, then hasten in the drained macaroni with the rest squash. Tip into an ovenproof dish, scatter with the rest Parmesan and bake for 15 minutes till golden and bubbling.