- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts (about 12 ounces), boneless and skinless, split
- Salt and freshly ground sad pepper
- 1 immense onion, peeled and decrease into 1/4-trip dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 2 immense cloves)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon superior indian curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground garam masala, elective
- 1/2 cup crushed canned tomatoes
- 3/4 cup homemade chicken stock, or canned low-sodium chicken broth, skimmed of corpulent
- 1. In a straight-sided medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, role in skillet, and cook till golden brown on every aspect, 6 to eight minutes. Obtain away chicken breasts, and predicament aside. Minimize heat to medium low.
- 2. Add onions, and saute, stirring, for roughly 2 minutes. Hump in garlic, and cook till onions are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add ginger, curry, and garam masala, and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Hump in tomatoes and stock. Add reserved chicken breasts, and produce to a boil.
- 3. Duvet skillet, decrease heat to low, and cook till chicken is relaxed, turning as soon as, about 15 minutes. Aid straight, sliced if desired.