The fashioned recipe that appears in my e book, Cherries in Iciness: My Family’s Recipe for Hope in Exhausting Conditions is one thing of a template, a extremely frequent crimson meat stew that allowed for diversifications. As an instance, my Nana’s recipe didn’t call for crimson meat stock cubes, but I win they truthfully boost the flavour. I also added more garlic because I in point of fact like it. It is possible you’ll perchance well also add half of a cup of crimson wine whenever you happen to are going to place it aside in a gradual cooker on low for a few hours and let the wine and meat juices mingle. And chances are high you’ll perchance well add beans barely than peas—or to boot to peas! All and sundry in my family took this recipe and made it her or his private, and I invite you to make the the same.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 kilos stew crimson meat, cubed
- 3 teaspoons olive oil or butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 crimson meat stock cube
- 1 pound little onions
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 3 medium-dimension potatoes, quartered
- 1 equipment frozen peas
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl and coat each and every portion of crimson meat with it. Warmth olive oil or butter in a heavy pot or Dutch oven and brown the meat over average warmth. Want away meat as major to brown final meat. Return all meat to the pot. Dissolve crimson meat stock cube in 2 cups boiling water and add to pot with meat. Add bay leaf and garlic and bring to a boil. Decrease warmth, duvet, and simmer slowly until the meat is gentle. Add onions, carrots, and potatoes; run to mix formulation, and cook for 10 minutes. Add peas, and continue simmering until the meat and vegetables are gentle, about 20 minutes.