- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus extra for dish
- 1/2 cup gluten-free crisp puffed-rice cereal, quite beaten
- 1 ounce parmesan, grated (1/4 cup)
- 1 minute yellow onion, diced minute
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 2 cups total milk, warmed
- 3/4 pound cheddar, shredded (3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 pound gluten-free penne, cooked except al dente and drained
- Unsalted butter
- Excessive salt and ground pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 levels. Butter six 8-ounce ramekins or a 2-quart baking dish. Microwave 1 tablespoon butter except melted, then toss with cereal and Parmesan.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, soften 2 tablespoons butter over medium. Add onion and cook dinner except softened, 4 minutes. Sprinkle with potato starch and cook dinner 1 minute. Slowly prance in milk and cook dinner, whisking continually, except thickened, about 3 minutes. Buy from heat and plod in cheddar and mustard except aloof; season with salt and pepper. Add pasta and plod to coat; transfer to ramekins or baking dish. Sprinkle with cereal combination and bake except sauce is effervescent and topping is golden, 15 to 20 minutes.