Maintain just a few portions of this vegetarian classic in the freezer and also you’re going to by no technique be stuck for a savory supper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, overwhelmed
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp purple wine vinegar
- 4 x 400g cans chopped chopped tomatoes
- minute bunch basil leaves
- 2 x 250g tubs mascarpone
- 3 tbsp milk
- 85g Parmesan (or vegetarian different), grated
- 2 x 125g balls mozzarella, sliced
- 1kg spinach
- 100g Parmesan (or vegetarian different), grated
- 3 x 250g tubs ricotta
- unswerving pinch grated nutmeg
- 400g dried cannelloni
- First fabricate the tomato sauce. Warmth the oil in a unswerving pan and fry the garlic for 1 min. Add the sugar, vinegar, tomatoes and some seasoning and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring each and each so normally, except thick. Add the basil and divide the sauce between 2 or extra shallow ovenproof dishes (glimpse Pointers for freezing, under). Situation apart. Make a sauce by beating the mascarpone with the milk except aloof, season, then keep apart.
- Put the spinach in a unswerving colander and pour over a kettle of boiling water to wilt it (you can also must enact this in batches). When chilly ample to handle squeeze out the surplus water. Roughly carve the spinach and mix in a unswerving bowl with 100g Parmesan and ricotta. Season well with salt, pepper and the nutmeg.
- Warmth oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Utilizing a piping bag or plastic food bag with the nook snipped off, squeeze the filling into the cannelloni tubes. Lay the tubes, aspect by aspect, on high of the tomato sauce and spoon over the mascarpone sauce. Top with Parmesan and mozzarella. That it’s doubtless you’ll even now freeze the cannelloni, raw, or you’re going so that you should cook it first after which freeze. Bake for 30-35 minutes except golden and bubbling. Accumulate a ways flung from oven and let stand for five minutes sooner than serving.