- 5 gigantic eggs
- 1/4 pound string beans, ends trimmed and lower into 1-skedaddle items
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 red onion, lower into 1/4-skedaddle dice (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Grievous salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bread or crackers, for serving
- 1. Score a gigantic bowl with ice and water; situation aside. Space eggs in a medium saucepan with enough water to hide by 2 inches. Space over high warmth; enlighten to a boil. Flip off warmth; hide. Let stand for 12 minutes. Switch eggs to ice bathtub to forestall cooking. When eggs are frosty, peel below frosty running water, lower into quarters, and situation aside. Let cooking water return to a boil; blanch string beans for 2 to three minutes. Switch to ice bathtub to forestall the cooking.
- 2. Soften butter in a medium saute pan over medium warmth. Add onion; cook dinner except caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes. Device close faraway from warmth; frosty to room temperature.
- 3. Mix eggs, beans, walnuts, soy sauce, mayonnaise, and oil in bowl of a meals processor. Pulse except finely chopped nonetheless no longer pureed. Lag in sauteed onion and chives; season with salt and pepper. Lend a hand at room temperature with bread or crackers.